30 Journal Prompts for New Beginnings
Questions to aid self-reflection in new chapters of life.
1. What's working well in your life, and what isn't working?
2. Draw a pie chart that represents the composition of your life in perfect balance (here's mine).
3. Describe your ideal self.
4. Moving forward, who do want to spend less time with? Who do you want to spend more time with? Be honest.
5. What's one thing you could do alone that you typically only do with friends/partners?
6. What could you do to honor your inner child more?
7. If you were the average of the five people closest to you, who would you be?
8. What is your intuition telling you about what you need to do?
9. How can you be kinder to yourself?
10. Do your actions match your intentions?
11. Does how you look on the outside match how you feel on the inside?
12. What is your body telling you right now?
13. What is something you've always wanted to try? Why haven't you yet?
14. What is something you can do that lies just outside of your comfort zone?
15. Think carefully about the things you do daily purely out of habit. What habits are actually harmful to your health and/or happiness?
16. Where or with whom do you feel like you can be completely yourself?
17. What is your favorite hobby? How often do you get to pursue it?
18. Do you take your own advice? If no, why? If yes, in what ways has it helped?
19. What would you be doing right now if you knew you couldn't fail?
20. What fears could you benefit from casting aside?
21. In what ways can you be a better friend?
22. Is there an artist whose music/work touches you deeply? How can you engage with their work more?
23. Does the media that you consume have representation of people who look like you or are in a similar position to you? How do you think that imacts your outlook on life?
24. When you think about your future are you pessimistic or optimistic? Why?
25. What purchases aren't worth your money anymore?
26. What purchases are worth the money?
27. Who are five people you admire and why?
28. What is the very first actionable step you could take towards becoming your ideal self?
29. Can you handle truth?
30. If you could leave home tomorrow, what would you take with you?
Take a stab at a few of these and see what you uncover about yourself! If you like deep chats and looking inward, check out my socials! Check out some similar posts below!