25 Affirmations Inspired by Black Women
The most uplifting words from trailblazing black women.
Pictured: Amanda Gorman, Image by Kelia Anne
Resilient despite the odds, inspiring, intuitive and insightful, black women keep the world going. Getting to see women that look like me doing great things, really lights me up and gives me hope like nothing else can. I hope these affirmations hit that magical chord for you too.
1. How could catastrophe possibly prevail over me?
-Amanda Gorman, The Hill We Climb
2. I will get in life in what I have the courage to ask for.
3. I look back on my life and see lessons, not regrets.
4. I can be beautiful and imperfect at the same time.
5. I am not hesitant about who I am.
6. I am true to myself and no one can distract me from my goals.
- Michelle Obama
7. Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation, and that is an act of political warfare.
- Audre Lorde
8. Even if it makes others uncomfortable, I will love who I am.
- Janelle Monae
9. I have within me the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.
- Harriet Tubman
10. I am already whole.
- Kelechi Okafor
11. I can fall, but I can rise also.
- Angelique Kidjo
12. Hate is too great a burden to bear.
- Coretta Scott King
13. I don't settle for average. I bring my best to the moment.
- Angela Bassett
14. I thrive in the face of obstacles.
- Issa Rae
15. I have standards I don't plan on lowering for anybody.
16. I look on the bright side of things, I am in control.
- Taraji P. Henson
17. When I'm tired, I rest.
- Jada Pinkett Smith
18. I get rid of whatever brings me down.
- Tina Turner
19. I tower over my circumstances.
- Maya Angelou
20. I make decisions based on hope and possibility.
- Michelle Obama
21. I embrace mistakes. They make me who I am.
22. When I'm thankful for what I have, more will come.
- Oprah Winfrey
23. My only obligation is to do the best that I can every day.
- Marian Wright Edelman
24. My imagination, creativity, and curiosity are my place in the world.
- Mae Jemison
25. I have the right to make mistakes and to use error as an entry point to more knowledge.
- Stacey Abrams
I hope these affirmations are useful for you! I think they're perfect and I'll be returning to this post frequently when I need to speak some positive vibes into the universe✨ As always you can follow me on insta @ariels_view if you want more day-to-day content.